Meatloaf said he would do anything for love, but he wouldn't do that.....what is the "that"? I just don't know. It's perplexed me for awhile. The video was weird with monster looking things chasing after the woman, and ??? What is the that?
i asked brent the same thing last night. his theory was that it is a tongue in cheek rhetorical statement, imitating typical relationships. we say we love someone and would do anything for them, but when it comes down to it, we arent willing to really do it. personally, i still want to figure out what "that" is.
perhaps i will make it my personal mission in life to figure this out. every time i hear that song, i always get frustrated and ask that question. my other goal is to figure out what "that" would be for me. At first I thought, hey I'd do just about anything for love, but then I got to thinking about it and I'm pretty sure I could think of a lot of things I wouldn't do...
i asked brent the same thing last night. his theory was that it is a tongue in cheek rhetorical statement, imitating typical relationships. we say we love someone and would do anything for them, but when it comes down to it, we arent willing to really do it.
ReplyDeletepersonally, i still want to figure out what "that" is.
perhaps i will make it my personal mission in life to figure this out. every time i hear that song, i always get frustrated and ask that question. my other goal is to figure out what "that" would be for me. At first I thought, hey I'd do just about anything for love, but then I got to thinking about it and I'm pretty sure I could think of a lot of things I wouldn't do...
ReplyDelete