Monday, March 9, 2009

28 Things...

So for those on facebook, you know about two weeks ago or so, everyone started doing this chain note thing where you shared 25 random things about yourself. There was a part of me that wanted to do it because let's face it, we all want to be "known" in some kind of way, but then there was this other part of me that didn't want all the stalkers I have on facebook reading it and using things I said or have thought against me. So I decided to recreate the 25 things on here, and would encourage others to feel free to also share! (it's fun to do!) I opted to do 28 things b/c well, I just turned 28!

1) My favorite word in the English language is shrapnel. I know it's an odd choice of words, considering I am a pacifist, but I just really love the way it rolls off my tongue.

2) My favorite type of dog is a cocker spaniel. (sorry Ellie!) I had a cocker once named Forrest, but he accidently committed suicide very tragically.

3) I'm glad that I went to Campbell for undergrad, because I certainly would not be the person I am today had I not gone there, but there are some days (especially after a Carolina win over Duke) that I wish I had gone to Carolina. One of my goals before I die is to get some kind of degree from UNC.

4) Once when I lived in the Battle House, I ran up and down the stairs and all around the house screaming like Macauley Culkin in Home Alone. (This was one summer in the middle of the night when no one else was around)

5) Another time, again when no one was around, I put on a huge long sleeve button up shirt and socks and pranced around with an air guitar like Tom Cruise. (It got boring during the summers)

6) I love flowers! Fresh cut flowers. My favorite flowers of all time are carnations, which luckily are the cheapest cut flowers one can buy.

7) When I was in the 8th grade I was part of this space simulation project. We created a space shuttle in my science class using parts from old spaceships and built a cockpit, etc and spent an entire day in this spaceshuttle we built, doing flight simulations etc. The coolest part of the day was when the 8 of us who got to be "astronauts" paraded through the halls waving to everyone in our cool spacesuits (paint suits we painted and designed to look like space suits) before getting in the shuttle. We were also televised to all the classrooms and we were on the local news. (Looking back it seems and sounds like the dorkiest thing ever, but at the time, everyone was so jealous of us!)

8) I have moved 10 times in my life. I think I have lived in Chapel Hill longer than I have lived anywhere else, so I now consider it home.

9) When I was a kid I thought I was going to die at a young age.

10) I walk and talk in my sleep. When I was a kid, my parents would often find me in random places in our house. Once they found me searching in the newspapers for my younger brother. Another time they found me cutting up my jeans (while they were on my body!!) My dad said many nights I would get out of bed, sit and watch tv with him, have a conversation and I would never remember any of this the next day. I think this is something I have grown out of. (atleast I hope so)

11) My favorite song is I would walk 500 miles by The Proclaimers. This has been my favorite song since the 7th grade. Regardless of how many times I hear it, it puts a smile on my face and I have to sing along.

12) My favorite movie is Love Actually. It used to be My Best Friend's Wedding.

13) If I could have any super power, I would want to be able to fly. I used to have flying dreams and they were some of my favorites! But in my flying dreams I would have to always get a running start, and there always seemed to be people chasing after me.

14) Generally I am a mellow laid back person, the only time I get super angry, mean, and intense is when I am stuck in traffic for no good reason. I get really aggressive and want to hit things and curse a lot!

15) When I was in the fifth grade I had to do a project on a famous person and I chose Mother Teresa. Ever since then she has been one of my role models and someone I want to be like.

16) If I could live anywhere, it would be at a beach. I love the ocean. When I was in high school, I decided I was just going to buy a house boat and live in the South Pacific and share Jesus with people on Fiji. I decided to take French for this very reason.

17) I have a guilty complex and generally feel like I'm never doing enough. I've felt this way for as long as I can remember. My psych prof in college told me I had a martyr complex. I say, if Jesus calls us to follow him and be like him, and he got on a cross, that means I've got to pick one up too. Generally this leaves me feel stressed and worn out, yet feeling like I still haven't done enough.

18) I think I generally like things that others would consider trendy, but as soon as they get labeled trendy I refuse to buy them (atleast for awhile, or until they go on sale)

19) I want my former campus minister, Terry-Michael Newell, to do atleast part of my wedding or funeral (whichever comes first!)

20) I wonder if I will ever be happy/content.

21) Someone wise once told me that he thought he could marry/live with just about anyone and so what he was looking for in a spouse was someone who just loved and accepted him for him. I think this is also what I'm looking for.

22) One of my biggest pet peeves is smart guys marrying dumb girls. Boys when you do this, it doesn't leave any options for smart girls! (We don't want to marry dumb boys!)

23) I think I have a fear of commitment.

24) My mother had my name Amy Nicole, picked out since she was a little girl, like 5 or 6. Her older cousin had a daughter 7 monthes before I was born and named her Amy Nicole. My mom was pissed but refused to pick out a new name. Coincidently my dad had two family members, an Amy and a Nicole a mother/daughter who died in a house fire. My dad's side of the family was really happy when they learned my name was going to be Amy Nicole and gave me all sorts of bonds as a celebration of my birth.

25) If I could be a character in current television show I would want to be on Lost. I definitely think I would have figured out what is going on, on that island before Season 5!!

26) My favorite hymns are Blessed Assurance and Come Thou Fount.

27) I still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up, but more and more I feel a sense of call to work in the Church. (What I really want is to co-pastor a church)

28) Philippians 2:1-11 are my favorite verses of Scripture. And are the verses that I most try to live by.

Whew, that took forever!

1 comment:

  1. HA picturing you doing that stuff in the battle house seriously makes me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete