So for those who still actually read this (Brent/AJ) I'm going to be the Surgery/Trauma Chaplain, which basically means I am going to see A LOT of really disgusting things. Today I think I saw more blood coming out of someone than I have ever seen on any TV show or in person, in my entire life.
I think I also realized how this is probably going to be one of the longest most unpleasant years of my life (and I thought last year was bad!)
It's hard getting excited about a new job when you know how difficult it is going to be and how long the days are going to be. Oh and did I mention I will have to be on-call on several major holidays! (including Christmas---that's right, while you are enjoying your loved ones in the comfort of your homes, I will be sitting at the hospital, ALONE, trying to bring a little cheer to the dying and trauma stricken)
I need to try to be more positive, because if I don't, the year really will go by slow...but maybe a word to the wise...don't ask how it's going! the good things that happen, I will probably just tell you about or the random freaky things I see....other than that...it's just a lot of pain and suffering, both on my end and more importantly, the end of these families who are going through hell!
one side note, I spent a good amount of time on the Burn Unit today.....and I really think that could be a place where I would really enjoy working. It's hard, there's no doubt about it, lots of disfigurements, lots of oozy-goozy....BUT, it's also a place where you have the opportunity to tell someone that God still thinks they are beautiful and you get to remind them they are a child of God and you get to try to teach other people what a terrible sin it is to ever place value on any person based on their physical appearance. I could get excited about that and hope that I get lots of opportunities to be in the Burn center.
No comments:
Post a Comment