Thursday, April 16, 2009

major bummer

I totally can't get on g-chat anymore at work! sad day! I mean it's not like I got to be on, all day long like some other dear friends of mine, but this is a crushing blow! What am I going to do? who will I get my daily dose of encouragement/affirmation from? When am I going to be able to have secret convos with Meghan, or talk AI with Billy, or harass Kris? My life is over!!
My only solace is that I only have 39 more days of this job!! A countdown will probably commence when it gets down to 30. I will also be planning a celebration of some sort to commemorate the end of this job! It will be a magnanimous affair! Look for invitations!

In other news if anyone is interested in seeing the hard work I have done over the past 9 weeks, you should come to the Celebration of Earth and Sky at the Carrboro Century Center this coming Sunday from 12-5pm. (I will probably NOT be in attendance, but all of my hard work will be on display for the world to see. Look for Valencia!)

Also, random side note, one of the teachers here totally thinks I'm Jewish! like for real Jewish, as in a practicing Jew. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that I kind of look the part, but also anytime he mentions anything religious I probably make a face, b/c generally I am disagreeing with what he's said. I also have clarified several times who were/were not prophets/disciples/considered divinity, etc. However, I came to this conclusion yesterday when after watching a movie about the Holocaust in class, as I was walking out, he put a hand on my shoulder and just gave me this "I know it's hard, but things will be okay" look. It was quite touching, but at this point, I'm not quite sure whether I should try to correct his opinions of me or not. I thought about wearing a t-shirt with a big cross on it, but we'll see what happens...

2 comments:

  1. Oh another hilarious side note. so in the class with the teacher who thinks I'm Jewish, one of my students (who happens to be Jewish) participated in UNC's Relay for Life, and I saw him several times over the course of the 20 hr long walk. After Spring Break when we got back to class, he yelled across the classroom, "Ms. Canosa, weren't you so tired after the other night?" clearly everyone in the class begins to giggle...so the teacher says, yeah, well I'm sure a lot of people were tired after the Carolina win and being on Franklin St too. The kid responded, "Well yeah that was a long night, but the night before was even longer!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually he said, "Well yeah that was a long night, but the night before was even longer, wasn't it Ms. Canosa?!"

    ReplyDelete