it does.
I wonder why this is. I know it's not always true, but it sure does seem like when you feel like you're hitting close to rock bottom or the stress can't be piled up any more, something else gets added to the load, that just makes you want to climb into bed and never get out of it. It's very wearisome.
I keep hoping there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, a rainbow that leads to a pot of gold, a silver lining in the sky, insert another one of those pithy sayings. you get my drift!
it's these days when i realize how difficult it is to embrace verses like, "Be still and know I am God". It's hard to be still in the midst of turmoil and late night meetings and early morning jobs and broken relationships, and think hey, I'm suppose to just accept God's grace and know deep down everything will be okay.
It's one more reason we need community. We need hugs. We need verbal affirmation, because as much as we want to believe we're going to be okay, we need others to tell us so, to remind us of what is true, of God's grace and peace. .....to be continued.
No comments:
Post a Comment